cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV Stick error message when trying to activate

I'm hoping someone can help, or be able to open a technical issue case with Now TV. I've tried on several occasions to activate my Now TV Fire stick. I get to the stage of entering in the activation code that it provides to redeem the vouchers. But each time I time to re-deem the vouchers, I get the error message "Oops something went wrong on our end, refresh and try again". I've tried refreshing the page, I've tried both in firefox and chrome on both my laptop and mobile. I understand that the call centres and webchat are closed, is anyone able to help and raise the technical issue?

Many thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes - I have had exactly the same problem with a brand new stick I received today. 
spent hours on the online help chat but got no where.  They claim it is a known issue but no idea when it will get resolved. Not great to be honest. 
if you bought a car and the wheels didn’t go round and the manufacturer said it was a known fault but they didn’t know when it would get fixed, you wouldn’t be that impressed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this problem too as do lots and lost of people on other posts what is being done? Could you not set up a list of subscribers with the problem. It seems to be very widespread. I have Now TV broadband and a TV package. I can only watch the package on my computer I bought your box for my TV but its unusable. Waste of money I think I will cancel the lot and use free-sat if its not sorted pronto.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Simon, very disappointed. I have the same issue, unable to watch TV on my Panasonic TV. I paid for broadband, phone and TV plus the stick. Obviously not fit for purpose so don't expect to be charged till it's fixed. S/N on the stick is D439DH399307. Should have stuck with VM. 

Will raise the issue on FB and Instagram, am sure that will get somebody from Now TV to sort it out

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is to help YOU when you cannot activate a new Now TV BOX (eg 4k voice activated) or Stick against a current Now TV account. Basically when the Box or Stick asks you to enter the 6 digit code shown on the the screen eg 4jc567 at this Address www.NowTV.com/TV. Then every time you do whether from a phone, tablet or PC you get get WHOOPS SOMETHING WENT WRONG and your stuck with a box or stick to use as a paper weight.

I strongly suggest you don't waste anytime like I did, 6 days talking to online help and waiting for technical to contact me with every excuse under the sun, try logging in from a different PC, phone, tablet resetting the box 25 times etc etc. Then telling me to return a perfectly working box to the supplier. The problem appears to be at their end; poor software affecting a very large number of accounts. In order to get your box to activate for the first time you will have to set it up with a totally new account new payment details etc. Then once the box is working change to your original account and cancel the new one. It sounds long winded; but its the only way to avoid weeks of disappointing support. I had to loose the free passes that came with the new TV Box they did not activate but it is now working with my original account. I hope this helps someone not to waste all the time I did, in hoping that, someone ,anyone at Now TV could solve the issue for me. They could and did not.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry I had same issue this is my advice.

This is to help YOU when you cannot activate a new Now TV BOX (eg 4k voice activated) or Stick against a current Now TV account. Basically when the Box or Stick asks you to enter the 6 digit code shown on the the screen eg 4jc567 at this Address www.NowTV.com.gb/TV. Then every time you do whether from a phone, tablet or PC you get get WHOOPS SOMETHING WENT WRONG and your stuck with a box or stick to use as a paper weight.

I strongly suggest you don't waste anytime like I did, 6 days talking to online help and waiting for technical to contact me with every excuse under the sun, try logging in from a different PC, phone, tablet resetting the box 25 times etc etc. Then telling me to return a perfectly working box to the supplier. The problem appears to be at their end; poor software affecting a very large number of accounts. In order to get your box to activate for the first time you will have to set it up with a totally new account new payment details etc. Then once the box is working change to your original account and cancel the new one. It sounds long winded; but its the only way to avoid weeks of disappointing support. I had to loose the free passes that came with the new TV Box they did not activate but it is now working with my original account. I hope this helps someone not to waste all the time I did, in hoping that, someone ,anyone at Now TV could solve the issue for me. They could and did not.

0 Thanks