cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Multiple tv sticks

I have a now TV stick, however my darling 18 month old son decided to dunk the remote in the dog's water bowl! It's looking just as expensive to replace the remote as it is to buy a while new stick etc. If I buy another stick, can i just put my account details into it and use as normal or will i have to have another account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

No problem having another Stick on your account, where when you set it up just use your existing account details.

You can have up to six devices registered against your account with two streams at the same time (three streams with the HD Boost Pass).

I you wish you could download the free Roku App onto your smartphone from your phone Apps Store to use has a temporary or full time remote controller replacement.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

No problem having another Stick on your account, where when you set it up just use your existing account details.

You can have up to six devices registered against your account with two streams at the same time (three streams with the HD Boost Pass).

I you wish you could download the free Roku App onto your smartphone from your phone Apps Store to use has a temporary or full time remote controller replacement.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you haven't done it already, i would try removing the batteries, dry out the remote, then try some fresh batteries and see if the remote then can re pair again with your Stick.

Here's the instructions how to pair the NowTV smart remote.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-pair-your-smart-remote 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps you are a legend!!! I never knew I could use my phone as a remote 😊😊😊 I've now set that up and it's amazing. bloody typical that I get one thing sorted and something else goes wrong with it. The cable isn't connecting properly (again thanks to my son) so I'm waiting on new cables to be delivered 😩😩😩 hopefully once they arrive I can finally watch my programmes again! Massive thanks for the tip about the remote control.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Another tip, if you have a young son and he has access to the NowTV devices, it would be a good idea to add a Payment Pin to your NowTV account to avoid him accidentally buying passes without your knowledge.

Also whilst waiting for the replacement USB power cable (which i am guessing this is the cable in question ?).

See if you have a standard USB to micro USB cable lying around the home which are usually supplied with certain brand smartphones & tablets etc.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps I do have other usb cables however they don't work (not sure if the current going through it is strong enough?) I needed to order a cable anyway so I just ordered a pack of 3 instead 😊😊😊