cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lost Now tV stick remote

I have tried through Amazon and others to a get a replacement remote for one I have lost.  The two purchased don’t work with the stick and the online sky store which is recommended on another post on here and by the Now tv live chat today is closed.  Although it states on the sky online store that the remote is £8 I only find ones that are £30/40+ and am not paying that for just a remote.  Anyone any suggestions other than buy another stick 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you don't want to fork out any money for a replacement streaming device, then if you have a smartphone or tablet consider the free Roku App that you can download from your mobile device Apps Store.

The Roku App offers a remote control function.

If you do decide to use the Roku App, whatever you do, don't ever factory reset the NOW Stick otherwise you will need a physical NOW Smart Voice Remote to get the Stick up & running again.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User if you have an Android device, try the Roku remote app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roku.remote

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you don't want to fork out any money for a replacement streaming device, then if you have a smartphone or tablet consider the free Roku App that you can download from your mobile device Apps Store.

The Roku App offers a remote control function.

If you do decide to use the Roku App, whatever you do, don't ever factory reset the NOW Stick otherwise you will need a physical NOW Smart Voice Remote to get the Stick up & running again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your advice.  I don’t have a new enough smart phone just need it for texts and emergencies. The sky store which offers replacement remote for £8 is shut meantime plus speaking with customer services at now tv they say I have to buy one from a retailer like Amazon but they are so expensive, I would be as well buying a new stick. we are both in our late 70s and think this is a bit ridiculous 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Your better purchasing an Amazon fire stick because NOW are no longer manufacturing their own devices. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you