cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Linking error/now tv is unavailable

Does anyone know whays wrong with my now tv stick? For the last month or so every time I've turned it on its making me sign into the WiFi doesn't work until the 3rd time and now its just saying sorry now is currently unavailable. I've reset it, updated it using the remote and the pressing button thing they told me to do when I emailed them the other week and got it working yesterday for about an hour and now can't get it working at all, after I factory reset it it says linking error and now when I try update it it says there was a validation error, not sure what else I can do at all! Any help would be really appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

See if there is anything on this linked thread below that points you in the right direction.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-Stick/Sorry-Now-TV-is-currently-unavailable/td-p/537921/page/5 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, I've tried most of what they say on there I've given up now, factory reset it again and gone through the set up but can't get any further because when it tires to update it just says linking error and activation plugin not downloaded. Just going to cancel it all 😒

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming you are not using any VPN ?

Also use this link website tool to check that your IP address on your Router is allocated to the UK or ROI.

https://www.whatismyip.com 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No no, just plusnet fibre and my ip says UK, its always worked normally until all this started the other month and I've not changed anything 🤷‍

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you made any amendment settings to your Plusnet Router recently ?

I would be tempted to try a full factory reset on the Router to see if that makes any difference.

Not familiar with Plusnet, but i believe they are part of the BT Group and would see if there is anything on the Plusnet Router webpage settings such has file sharing or Smart Setup that needs to be changed.