cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Issues with stick

Hi, I have used the stick in the USB port of my tv for a while now but I have suddenly had issues with it up loading and then reverting back to the blue blank tv screen which states ‘no signal’.

I have unplugged and replugged it back in a few times but it gets to show the Now Tv initial page and then the stick flashes and the screen goes blank again to ‘no signal’.

Any ideas what the issue could be?

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

A blank screen on your TV saying no signal when using the stick or box is usually a HDMI conflict between the playback device in your case the NowTV stick and your Television.

Have you tried a different HDMI port on your TV and maybe see if using the supplied power adapter that comes with the stick and not taking power off your TV USB port makes any improvement ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Also i would double check that your TV is not changing the HDMI input source to a different HDMI input when the stick boots up with the NowTV welcome screen.

Forgot to say, that if swapping the HDMI port on your TV together with using the supplied power adapter on the stick doesn't make a difference, then maybe try a software update on your stick (step 6) on this linked help article or last resort factory reset the stick (step 2) on the linked guide below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I was thinking about buying a firestick, this is probably a daft question  but can I use nowtv firestick with other providers like Virgin or Sky??.

Reason I'm asking  is I can get "every channel + all ppv" for £40for a year,, all I need is a firestick

Will the now TV firestick do this?? 

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

The Firestick is an Amazon product.

Assuming you mean the NowTV Stick, then this will work with any internet service provider, and will bring you the subset of Sky Movies, Entertainment and Sport that NowTV provides.

But not for £40 a year, or anything like it, which sounds like some hooky service linked to a hacked Amazon Firestick. Caveat Emptor......

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.