cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Internet connection lost, internet connect back - Now TV Stick

I've been using a now tv stick without any issues for about 6 months, we have plusnet broadband. 

Over the last 3 days when we try to watch Now TV, we can for a few seconds, then the connection gets lost. A red bar appears on the screen, then a few seconds later a green bar appears but the streaming has stopped. 

Any suggestions.

So far have factory resetted the stick, resetted the router, changed the bitrate, changed the ping whatever it was and plugged the power into a plug rather than the tv USB.

No other problems with the broadband, iplayer, netflix and considerable home working all going on without any issues whatsoever

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's not possible with my Sony BRAVIA TV. USB socket is on the other side of the TV. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine is plug connection

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same thing, my nowtv stick worked fine for ages, then about 6 months ago started losing connection.

Tried everything and ended up buying a new stick as I figured the old one had just broken.

New one does same thing within seconds.

Contacted Vodafone as I then thought it must be the Internet.

They changed me to a static ip.... Same thing happens. So frustrating.

What have you done now TV???

Something has changed. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Here's another similar thread where the forum member is also on Vodafone has their ISP.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-Stick/Now-devices-offline/m-p/567453 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the exact same problem it is sooooo frustrating and takes ages to get connection and program back. I too plug in through hdmi powered by plug point, was struggling to understand any other way of powering! 
Only bought mine October when it was fine, it has been happening for about 3 weeks now and everything else in the house is ok.