cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Internet connection lost, internet connect back - Now TV Stick

I've been using a now tv stick without any issues for about 6 months, we have plusnet broadband. 

Over the last 3 days when we try to watch Now TV, we can for a few seconds, then the connection gets lost. A red bar appears on the screen, then a few seconds later a green bar appears but the streaming has stopped. 

Any suggestions.

So far have factory resetted the stick, resetted the router, changed the bitrate, changed the ping whatever it was and plugged the power into a plug rather than the tv USB.

No other problems with the broadband, iplayer, netflix and considerable home working all going on without any issues whatsoever

14 REPLIES 14
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Wool DMC

Not a stick expert, don't have one, but it sounds like the Now TV app on the stick has gone funny, have you tried to delete the app and then re-install it with a new, possibly latest, copy? 

Can't hurt and maybe ever cure the problem.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been having the same problem for about a month now. Its virtually impossible to watch anything for longer than 2 minutes before connection lost message appears despite my WiFi working perfectly.

Did you find a solution? I have not and

the live help bot is not helpful at all! Getting very annoyed and may just cancel everything as I can't seem to watch anything 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve been having exactly the same problem for a couple of months now. It’s become almost impossible to watch anything because the internet drops out all the time. Nothing else is affected so I know it’s the NOW TV box. I’ve spoken to NOW and they’ve suggested a few things like a factory reset and nothing works. It’s so frustrating. I’ve seen a few replies that it affects Virgin Media routers but I’m with Vodafone. And I’ve had the box for five years and it’s been fine until recently. Any help would be most appreciated as, at the moment, I just feel like throwing the box of the window, it’s so useless. Cheers. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This has been happening to my viewing this evening. Had to turn now TV off as it's been too difficult to watch. I have a virgin router. Very frustrating, Ive had the stick for 3 years and don't use it all the time but have just got sky cinema to catch up on latest films. Impossible to watch.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

What is the power source to your Now TV stick? Is it via the TV USB or in a plug socket?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My stick is in the hdmi port and powered using the plug. 

I've given up with it and mainly use apple tv instead as that is more reliable. I don't understand how nowtv won't acknowledge this issue, nothing else in my house is losing Internet connection - it is only the now tv stick which shows that that is where the problem is.

Rebooting, factory resets etc... Make zero difference as I still get this problem

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Perhaps another odd set up, worthwhile using a USB connection in the TV for the power if possible?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What do you mean? I only have one way to power the stick which is with the adapter provided, plugged into a socket and the stick which is then put in a hdmi port.

Ive used this stick for 1-2 years without problems, it only started a few months ago however, nothing has changed Internet provider/set up/placement etc.. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

All TVs that have HDMI ports also have USB connections, this can be used to power an Amazon/ Roku or Now TV stick.

This is exactly the manner I use to power my Amazon Fire stick. That way its only on when my TV is turned on.