cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steve_l
Scholar

ITV time delay

Hi, I have noticed that the ITV app is playing 7 minutes behind live tv, does anybody have the same issue or am I doing something wrong ?

cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@steve_l 

Are you able to delete and reinstall the app?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@steve_l 

Are you able to delete and reinstall the app?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @steve_l 

I would expect something like a minute or two latency streaming live content over the internet, but 7 minutes seems a big delay lag to me.

I don't use the the ITV Hub App on any of my NOW or Roku devices because of poor picture quality IMO using the ITV Hub App (only terrestrial App i use is IPlayer because of the PQ is pretty decent).

If you haven't got another device with the ITV Hub App to compare against with regards to the live time lag compared to over the air TV.

Unless others on the forum can test the live feed on their NOW playback device when it comes to the live time delay is around a similar time of 7 minutes you are encountering on the ITV Hub App.

Then, maybe try a reboot on your NOW device, plus the Router.

I would also be tempted to try removing the ITV hub App and add it again on your NOW Stick or NOW Box.

if there is no difference then get in touch with ITV Hub.

https://itv-vs-hub.kustomer.help/en_gb/contact/hub-form-3-r1aKWUZS8 

steve_l
Scholar

Hi,

I deleted the app and reinstalled it but it is still  the same ?
I have a firestick on another device and that is fine, so I don’t know what else to try ?
Steve
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@steve_l 

Use the link provided by @schnapps  to get in touch with ITV. Could very well be an issue with the app on the NOW stick.

Alternatively you could ditch the NOW stick and replace it with another Amazon fire stick since you know it’s fine there haha!

steve_l
Scholar

Yes I will do that, if I get anywhere I will let you know

its odd because every other app is fine 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have 3 now tv boxes with same issue I have uninstalled etc still 7 mins behind

steve_l
Scholar

Hi, 

I was beginning to think it was me !
ITV have confirmed there is a problem and they are supposed to be working on it, so there is nothing we can do except wait 🙄
Regards
Steve
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I have the same problem and don’t know what to do. Have you sorted it out now?

steve_l
Scholar

Hi, no sadly 

I have been told it is a problem with  ITV and they are looking into it, that was a few weeks ago 🙁