cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Squareeyes
Mentor

ITV Hub continue watching

My updates ITV Hub app (March 2022) doesn’t seem to have a ‘Continue Watching’ section or anything that lets me pick up a programme or series where I’ve left off.  I’m having to search for my programme every time and remember which episode I was on. 

Am I missing something?

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Squareeyes 

I don't use the ITV Hub App myself from my NOW branded devices, but i don't think inside the ITV Hub there is a Continue Watching section and can't remember if you jump out of an episode it remembers where you left off when going back into that particular episode (might be wrong on the second part because i find ITV Hub App rubbish and i avoid it).

Here's a quick Google search about Continue Watching from the ITV Hub on the Roku Community (particularly read the last post on the 5th of February 2022 where ITV have told the poster that they don't offer the Continue Watching feature on their ITV Hub App on Roku /NOW )

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Does-ITV-Hub-have-a-quot-Continue-Watching-qu... 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Squareeyes 

I have just tried the ITV hub App on my NOW box for the first time in a long time (picture quality is still rubbish has i remembered it, though the App has had a GUI make over since i last used the service which was yonks ago).

I played some TV shows and it does remember where you left off on a particular episode by offering you the Resume or Play from Start feature (if you can remember what Season or Episode you left off on).

Where i couldn't find any Continue Watching function which would make things a lot easier.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Squareeyes @schnapps 

So I use the ITV on my Amazon fire stick. The continue watching is there, however doesn’t show all new episodes. It’s extremely buggy. 

When new episodes of All Elite Wrestling are available it doesn’t appear on the continue watching, but some other shows do. 

Have to admit I think the ITV is just plain awful. Whereas BritBox isn’t perfect, it is at least 10 times better than the ITV hub.

Really do hope that ITV put some proper effort into the “ITVX” when it launches later in the year.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @gavs82008 

I will have to check out the ITV Hub App on my Amazon 4K Fire Stick against my NOW 4K Smart box to see the differences between both Apps.

I don't normally use the terrestrial Apps such has iTV Hub, My 5, UKTV Play etc because of the streaming picture quality.

BBC iPlayer for PQ is in a different league and it's the only App that i tend to use, apart from the occasional films on the 4 App.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps 

That being said I subscribe to both ITV and All4 no adverts. Both apps seem to output in HD or near as possible to HD. 

So I think if you don’t have the advert free subscriptions then yeah I agree the picture quality is very poor. 

Still I am intrigued about ITVX and BritBox combined, along with “other content partners”. The picture quality definitely needs to match Amazon’s 1080p version of the ITV hub however.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Squareeyes
Mentor

It is annoying. The feature was there before the update, although it wasn’t in a great position then. Thanks for replying. 

Squareeyes
Mentor

Thanks so much for trying.  

Squareeyes
Mentor

Thanks! It does remember my position in an episode so the information is stored somewhere. And it had a ‘recently watched’ section, or something like that, before the app updated.  Really annoying.