cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How to add a channel from the Roku Home screen

I subscribed to NOW a couple of years ago so I have a Roku stick that NOW supplied. I'd now like to add Apple TV to my Roku. This means I need to go to the Roku Home screen, but I don't seem to be able to do that. The only home screen I can find is the NOW home. I'd understand if NOW has tied me to them and no other channel – as they supplied me with the stick – but I'm hoping this isn't the case.

Can anyone on this Forum tell me whether I can add a non-NOW channel and if so how do I get out of NOW so I can go to the Roku home screen?

Thanks in hope!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Apple TV is not available at all on any devices made and supplied by NOW. 

If your wanting Apple TV you’ll have to get a full blown Roku stick or Amazon fire stick.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Apple TV is not available at all on any devices made and supplied by NOW. 

If your wanting Apple TV you’ll have to get a full blown Roku stick or Amazon fire stick.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

As I suspected. Thanks for this info.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

This does not alter the fact that you ought to be able to find the Roku Channel Store on your Now Stick, see all the ‘channels’ (applications) that Now will permit you to have, and download any that take your fancy.

The thing to remember here, though, is that Now has arranged things so that the Now app appears as the Home app that all the others depend on, even though it isn’t, so don’t try to look for the Roku Store ‘above’ Now, look for it ‘below’ Now, and you should find it.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.