cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do I order a new Now stick?

Hi@ I broke my NowTv Smart Stick - how do I order a new one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Amazon Fire Stick is one of my main streaming devices, though i would have also gave Roku devices my approval (though Roku and YouTube plus Roku and Amazon Prime are having a spat so who knows what's going to happen).

To date YouTube have threatened to remove the YouTube App on all new Roku devices from the 9th of December 2021 (existing Roku device owners are safe for now with regards to the YouTube App).

The NOW Stick is getting difficult to get hold of now and the prices have shot up due to demand.

The cheapest i can find with a one month Voucher is B&M Stores, but their price has shot up to £25 the last time i checked and not sure what stocks are like nationwide (my guess pretty low).

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You will be very lucky to find a new stick for sale. They seem to be phasing it out for retail completely. 

Best to pick up an Amazon fire stick. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Did you physically break the old NOW Stick or it just doesn't operate ?

If it's the latter, what are the symptoms such no white light on the Stick when plugged in and powered up, no image on screen or any error message or code on your television screen when attempting to use the Stick ?

You never know it might be salvageable.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I physically broke it, the TV fell on the floor and its snapped :(. Do they not do them anymore? How are people watching NOW TV on their screens?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Amazon Fire Stick is one of my main streaming devices, though i would have also gave Roku devices my approval (though Roku and YouTube plus Roku and Amazon Prime are having a spat so who knows what's going to happen).

To date YouTube have threatened to remove the YouTube App on all new Roku devices from the 9th of December 2021 (existing Roku device owners are safe for now with regards to the YouTube App).

The NOW Stick is getting difficult to get hold of now and the prices have shot up due to demand.

The cheapest i can find with a one month Voucher is B&M Stores, but their price has shot up to £25 the last time i checked and not sure what stocks are like nationwide (my guess pretty low).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Forgot to ask that i am.assuming you are based in the UK.and not based in the Republic of Ireland and a ROI customer.

Where Republic of Ireland customers can still purchase the NOW Stick from the NOW ROI website.

If you are in the UK, then you would have to purchase the NOW Stick elsewhere from any Retailers that still have any stock because NOW have decided not to manufacture them anymore.

There is some cracking deals out there at the moment for either the Fire Stick or Roku Players.

If you want the TV remote on / off standby and TV volume buttons on the streaming remote you need to go higher up the Fire Stick / Roku model range.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you! This is really helpful. Had no idea you could get nowtv through the fire stick, back when I first spoke to the customer services guys 18 months ago I got the impression you could only access it through the stick! I will look through the firestick and try and download the app now.

Thanks for all of your help! Super helpful 🙂 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

This link will show all supported now playback devices.

Certain Fire Stick models was added a while back.

If you are going down the Fire Stick route, check the generation and model on the list that it supports the NOW App.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now 

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Chromecast now £17 (google.com) and Roku Streaming Express currently £14 (Currys, Argos, Amazon etc.)