cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having to set up as if a new customer

Being a now tv customer for a while I am well used to the ups and downs of the service but what happened last night was very annoying and I wonder if anyone else was similarly effected.I switched on to watch and instead of the home screen loading I got a message telling me to pair my remote control.I thought this odd but followed the on screen instructions.Then a screen came up , as if I were a new customer requiring me to enter a 6 digit PIN number on the web site.I tried to do this a least 4 times but kept getting an error message but eventually it worked and my home screen returned.I noticed that BBC Sounds had mysteriously appeared in my apps list but thought nothing of it until I tried to watch BBC I player only to find I needed to register again with a pin number and this applied to ever single one of my apps , All4 , Itv Hub etc.I then spent over an hour having to mess about trying to remember passwords and go on line to each individual site to re register.I am assuming that whatever update caused the appearance of BBC Sounds also caused me to be disconnected from my remote , now tv and every single app.I found this very very annoying and can't understand why this should happen.

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If your NOW Stick is asking for a six digit activation code and you lost all the login details of your Apps such has BBC iPlayer etc, then the Stick has undergone a full factory reset.

This normally happens when you physically press the reset button for more than 5 seconds on the Stick or gone into the Stick Settings and undertook a factory reset.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Generally if any device is reset you do have to go through the palaver of signing in anew on every app. Did the NOW stick just reset spontaneously? 

EDIT: What @schnapps said!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It reset spontaneously.I wouldn't know how to do a factory reset.

redchiz1
Champion 2

OK, well the same explanations apply I'm afraid. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Must have been a software / firmware update or glitch on the Stick that caused it to factory reset itself.

Never had this happen to me though (unless i physically forced a factory reset myself).