cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have 2 devices,,,one with HUMAX box,,,one with smart stick..

Devices work independently but can't use 2 at the same time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Back in July, NOW reduced the simultaneous streams from two to one.

You will now need an additional Boost Membership if you want to watch two or three streams at the same time on a single account.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/we-are-making-some-changes

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Back in July, NOW reduced the simultaneous streams from two to one.

You will now need an additional Boost Membership if you want to watch two or three streams at the same time on a single account.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I seem to be having issues currently with the links that i am posting on the forum.

if the link doesn't take you to the correct NOW Help Article page in question.

Then here's the screen shot of the paragraph about the change from two down to one stream per a time for non Boost Membership.

Screenshot_2021-09-11-18-09-08.png

RoyB
Legend

@schnapps @Anonymous User 

Let me try…..

Yes, same issue. And I have come across this a lot, so it isn’t new, or even recent.

There is an infuriating problem with the Help, for us Community Contributors or indeed anyone trying to signpost something helpful, that when you go somewhere, pick up a link, and post it, it does not go to where you picked it up from.

Even though the text of the link references exactly where you were 😢

Something that needs looking at, Now!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am having a problem my end at the moment replying back to your PM that you sent me.

So i thought i would stick my reply to your PM in this thread here.

Are you at BT TV customer where you subscribe your NOW Membership through BT TV ?

If so, you need to follow this method below when watching on two devices if you haven't got the Boost Membership.

Streaming and devices

You can watch live on your BT TV Box, or On Demand using the NOW App.

To watch on two devices at once:

If you're watching on a BT TV Box, you'll need to leave NOW channels to start watching on the App. Then you can go back to watching NOW on your BT TV Box too. You can watch live on your BT TV Box, plus live or On Demand via NOW App.

If you're watching on two BT TV Boxes then you can start them in any order. 

If you have NOW Boost or the HD add-on, you watch on up to 3 devices at the same time

Should you be a direct NOW member and haven't got the additional Boost Membership, where you are now restricted to one stream at a time with no Boost and you have given it about 10 to 15 minutes before switching devices and have definitely stopped the stream on the first device, then to be honest i am out of ideas and can only suggest some things that i would try in your position.

Which would be to log out of your playback devices one at a time and start with the playback device you was using before jumping to the second device with the message about reaching your maximum simultaneous streams.

If that doesn't work, again a bit of a long shot try deleting the NOW App or if you are using a NOW branded device then possibly factory reset it.

Sorry i can't offer any further ideas apart from the above.

You could try NOW live chat again if your Membership is directly with NOW rather than BT TV, where you may get a more knowledgeable NOW live chat Adviser who can somehow remove the locked message on your device screens.