cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Grey translucent box on top left of screen when watching sports

Hi,

I bought the Now TV Stick today as well as a daily sports pass and boost (for the HD)

On a trial run today when I put Sky Sports on the picture was fine other than a grey translucent box covering the top left hand side of the screen. It spreads out about half way across and down and is very noticable.

If I select the menu (whilst till in screen) it disappears. I can then see the normal screen and the NOW TV menu/guide down the bottom. Once you close this to get normal full screen again within a couple of seconds it appears and remains.

I am using HDMI connection, running at 1080p on PanasonicTV.

Any ideas???

Many thanks in advance

Mark

61 REPLIES 61
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Could be something to do with it. Looks like the issue has arisen only this evening 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there a fix for this? I’m having the same problem on sky sports 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having exactly the same issue, it’s very annoying.  That and the sound dips too.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

The translucent grey box screen is not happening when either using Chromecast or my Youview box when watching sports.

So it might be only related to the NowTV branded devices.

Going to try a forced software update on my NowTV box though i doubt this will make any difference.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lots of people reporting this issue on Twitter now

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same issue. Signed up today. Not impressed. Looking for quick fix.

LR3
Mentor

Dont think there's a quick fix. Just frustration!!!! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same for me, I’ve just tweeted it to @NOWTV and @NOWTVhelp too. Mix and Racing unaffected, all other Sky Sports channels are affected by it. Very annoying.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had the same issue tonight. Seems like the pixels have gotten stuck. I have also messaged them on twitter too. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just signed up to Sky Sports and I too have the grey box problem.Not impressed as I bought it to watch the game tonight.Hopefully it will be fixed pronto