cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Grey translucent box on top left of screen when watching sports

Hi,

I bought the Now TV Stick today as well as a daily sports pass and boost (for the HD)

On a trial run today when I put Sky Sports on the picture was fine other than a grey translucent box covering the top left hand side of the screen. It spreads out about half way across and down and is very noticable.

If I select the menu (whilst till in screen) it disappears. I can then see the normal screen and the NOW TV menu/guide down the bottom. Once you close this to get normal full screen again within a couple of seconds it appears and remains.

I am using HDMI connection, running at 1080p on PanasonicTV.

Any ideas???

Many thanks in advance

Mark

61 REPLIES 61
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

I have issue on Premier League and Main Event

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

Thanks for coming back so quick but that unfortunately is not what I am referring too.

This is grey and covers 1/4 of the TV on the left hand corner. It is a 48 inch screen and covers that.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having same problem this evening and have had system for a few years. 1/4 quadrant - the upper left one is translucent but greyer than the other 3 quadrants and the border lines are quite marked. Some kind of overall problem with the network this evening? (It appears no matter which channel I view)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Getting this as well today, when I change channel screen is OK for about 2 seconds and then the grey translucent box appears.

Would be good to have a fix for this NowTV!

Cheers,

John

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Don't bother trying to do a forced software update it doesn't help.

I am lucky enough to have NowTV on other platforms, so i am going to watch the Sports on them until NowTV fixes the problem (hopefully urgently).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here in Geordieland on Now stick (not visible on other devices).

Only have Sports - so cannot check other media. When I hit return on control a fuzzy blue/black box appears momentarily in same position just before Home page appears.

Spoiling enjoyment of 'live' match.

Tech help - PLEASE !!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Actually glad this is happening to others. Bad enough paying for a day pass to watch fulham forget how to defend. But have spent the first half convinced my TV was about to die.

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Only impacting now tv devices or those with boost.  Think I will have to live with flaw for the mighty Gunners.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @SweetBlitz @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @LR3 @Anonymous User 

Found a workaround.

Go to Apps Store, then select the NowTV App, then click on Go to App, then once on the old UI go to the Sports and watch from there.

Seems to be working fine for me with the 5 minutes of testing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps , thanks very much for this suggestion. The early signs are good!