cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Grey translucent box on top left of screen when watching sports

Hi,

I bought the Now TV Stick today as well as a daily sports pass and boost (for the HD)

On a trial run today when I put Sky Sports on the picture was fine other than a grey translucent box covering the top left hand side of the screen. It spreads out about half way across and down and is very noticable.

If I select the menu (whilst till in screen) it disappears. I can then see the normal screen and the NOW TV menu/guide down the bottom. Once you close this to get normal full screen again within a couple of seconds it appears and remains.

I am using HDMI connection, running at 1080p on PanasonicTV.

Any ideas???

Many thanks in advance

Mark

61 REPLIES 61
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The small white translucent box when watching live sports (towards the bottom right corner on my television screen) is fixed and there is nothing you can do to remove it.

My understanding it is a type of water mark so NowTV can see if somebody is illegally broadcasting their content.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I can see what you mean.

Just switched on NowTV and i have the same picture issue when i just checked Sky Main Event, Cricket, NFL.

Looks like there is a problem with the streams (that artefact shouldn't be there).

@Simon-J of the NowTV Team can you feed this back to the relevant Team to fix.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ah brill. Thats some comfort at least! If its a wider issue then fingers crossed fixed soon. I signed up to Now TV for the game tonight!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I will also tag @Izzie-T of the NowTV Team just in case Simon is not around.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just had a quick check on all eleven Sky Sports channels and only two channels don't seem to have the grey translucent box covering the top left half corner of my TV screen using a Boost Pass on my 4K NowTV box and that is Sky Racing (Horses) and Sky Mix.

Is it the same for you ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yeah thats the same my end aswell.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just had a look over on NowTV Twitter Help and so far from what i can tell nobody else (yet) has reported this problem.

Just in case there is no NowTV Staff Members around to see this thread today, then maybe also report it to NowTV live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Do you reckon this could relate to it?

https://help.nowtv.com/service-status
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Nope that's a different issue entirely and has been on the NowTV service banner for about three weeks.

What you are seeing something totally different which seemed to have manifested through the course of today.