cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Floating now home screen when watching programmes

Today I've been getting the screen where the word now floats around the screen. This is happening whilst viewing programmes rather than when it appears during non use. I can still hear the audio. Does anyone have any ideas as to a fix? I just updated the software by the way.

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

With the Stick powered on, press the reset button on the side of it for five seconds, to soft reset it. Let the Stick reload. See if this fixes it.

If not, again with the Stick powered on, press the reset button on the side of it for over fifteen seconds to hard reset it. Set the Stick up again from scratch. See if this fixes it.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

All I could suggest is to unplug the router for a few minutes, along with the stick. 

Worst case set it back to factory settings. 
https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-box-stick

Otherwise report the fault with staff via live chat, make sure you click "chat online" within the green box and not "get help quicker" as this is a bot.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Or email support; customer services @ now tv . com (ensure no spaces)

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, have done all those things and spoken to three customer chat people and still no solution. In fact they both disconnected from my conversation after 20 mins. It only seems to be happening with sky atlantic, which seems really odd.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've now resolved this problem myself, if anyone else has this problem in the future go to settings and disable your screen saver