cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Film stopped playing

I am trying to watch Geostorm and was half way through when the film stopped. I have tried to re-start the film but nothing happens, I have tried again this morning but still it will not play. I have been able to watch other films and my interet connection is working fine.

9 REPLIES 9
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User does it give you two options when you go to try again? One being watch from start? Are you selecting it from "continue watching" or re looking for it?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I am having the same problem with the same film. Keeps going back to the main screen
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Was going to say it might be a problem at NowTV Server end, but i just tried the movie by using the voice search on my smart remote and Geostorm seems to be working fine for me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Unfortunately the voice command hasn’t worked for me. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You could try rebooting your nowtv device and router, though i doubt it will work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I’ve tried all that. The film is playing on my phone though so at least I can watch the end. Thank you.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

It might be stick related where i am using a NowTV 4K smart box.

Give me 10 minutes and i will try this film out on my nowtv stick in the spare bedroom.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Well my stick also works fine with this movie, where NowTV Broadband is my ISP.

Don't know what else to suggest apart from a forced software on the stick by following these instructions.

• Start by pressing your NOW TV remote control buttons in this order:

Home x5
Fast Forward x3
Rewind x2

• Select the Update Software option that appears on the next screen.
  • Press OK, even if you already have the latest version. 

Again i doubt this will have any bearing at all. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
All other films are working fine so hopefully it’s just that one film but as my phone is connected to my TV I’m just streaming my phone to finish the film.