cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

FOX channel missing

Why is FOX channel missing from the app, stick and box?? It was there last night but it’s missing now??

11 REPLIES 11
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Both Fox and the Discovery channel left the NOW service on the 30th of June 😡.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well you have now lost me as a customer.  These 2 channels were the only reason I used now TV,  so without them,  you ain't getting anymore money from me.

Guess it's back to torrent downloading for me. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

FOX was a channel owned by Disney, they closed it. Literally NOTHING to do with NOW.

Discovery has its own streaming service, so it was a matter of time for them to pull the channel. 
You want Discovery, sign up to Discovery+.

Again those channels absolutely nothing to do with NOW.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tbh, I’ve just moved and have Virgin with sky, etc. The only reason to keep Now TV was the Fox channel - new or reruns. Won’t bother renewing. Can see the rest elsewhere. 

Also, poor show they didn’t announce it. Just turned it on one day and no longer there. As a subscriber, I’d like to know if the service I was paying for wasnt going to be available in advance. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

FOX channel was owned by Disney, it closed down. This affected Sky TV, Virgin and NOW, everyone who had a paid TV package was affected. 

It was announced and evern on the channel itself stated it was closing at the end of June. 

Not all content on FOX will be on Disney+ as some of it is owned and distributed by CBS. Likes of Bull and NCIS.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Sandey
Scholar

Unfortunately Fox is now closed in the UK, so you can no longer receive it even on Sky or Virgin Media. However many titles will soon be available with Star on Disney+.

More info: https://deadline.com/2021/05/fox-channel-close-uk-disney-streaming-1234758294/

The Discovery Channel has left NOW, but you can continue to receive it by subscribing to Discovery+.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have to think now if it’s worth staying as Fox was my main reason for getting it 

starman73
Elite

Have to think now if it’s worth staying as Fox was my main reason for getting it 

Get Disney +.  Only £8/month and has some of the Fox content like Walking Dead.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree, only bought now tv as wanted the fox channel, cancellation might be an idea. Will have to think how much I watch other channels, not very often,