cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does your Wi-Fi router have to be directly next to the TV for Now TV stick to work??

Spend my whole afternoon trying to sort this out! Just bought the Now TV stick today to use in my bedroom to watch movies. The now TV stick connected to the TV in my bedroom disconects after 5 minutes of watching and the picture quality looks less than 144pp. My house is a small two bedroom semi and my router is about 10ft directly below my TV in my bedroom, my phone and laptop both have 3 bars when connected to the Wi-Fi which is BT infinity plus which has always worked perfectly, yet the NowTV stick shows poor signal. Tried this on my downstairs TV which is next to the router and seems to work perfectly! Really dissapointed as streaming NowTV through my Mac with a HTMI lead in my room is great quality and for the stick not to work defeats the object of buying it. Has anyone else had this issue??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sounds like the WiFi reception on the stick is poor in your bedroom.

When you go into the stick menu settings under Network, About what is the WiFi signal saying ?

As your TV in the bedroom got both rear and side fitted HDMI ports, if so try them both.

If you have a HDMI extender fly lead knocking around (for example off a Fire Stick) try that with the NowTV stick just to see if the Bedroom TV casing is reducing / blocking the wifi signal.

Try both the 2.4ghz and 5ghz on your BT Router with NowTV stick to see if there is any improvement with the wifi reception.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sounds like the WiFi reception on the stick is poor in your bedroom.

When you go into the stick menu settings under Network, About what is the WiFi signal saying ?

As your TV in the bedroom got both rear and side fitted HDMI ports, if so try them both.

If you have a HDMI extender fly lead knocking around (for example off a Fire Stick) try that with the NowTV stick just to see if the Bedroom TV casing is reducing / blocking the wifi signal.

Try both the 2.4ghz and 5ghz on your BT Router with NowTV stick to see if there is any improvement with the wifi reception.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks so much, seems to be working fine now! Changed the settings on router and used the side HDMI port and signal and quality seems normal.

Thank for your quick response 

Steve411
Scholar

I have also found that turning off the Smart feature in the settings for a BT router helps the stick connect quicker too. My 3 were not connecting well, so I bought the extenders as suggested and turned off the Smart setting. They all connect within seconds. Also turn off Network Pings

Home X5  Ffwdx1. play x1 and Rewind X1  then play x1 and ffwd x1 will take you to the secret tech pages to make any changes.

Hope this helps someone.