cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Displaying 'there was an error in the player'

My TV is displaying there was an error in the player. I have restarted my device but it still isn't working.

10 REPLIES 10
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Try unplugging your router for a few minutes. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've tried that but no luck

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also having this issue. I have tried rebooting, disconnecting and a factory reset, still keep getting the same error with the now box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's strange, I can watch movies but not box sets.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How did you fix this?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I didn't. I am on with chat now. I just keep getting the same mcdonalds ad over and over again across all of the apps & the box.  Can watch anything that doesnt have ads, like kids

Anonymous User
Not applicable

exactly the same problem here. I can watch live shows but not anything else.I have reset factory twice and unplugged wireless router etc. Can you let me know if you get any joy. Ta

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Glad it's not just me, been on chat all morning but they keep having me doing the same things, resetting WiFi and stick and then they keep cutting me off, so they obviously haven't got a clue!

But I have discovered that if I turn my TV off at the plug and then turn it back on I can watch one episode but when it goes to the next episode it does the error page again, so I just turn tv off and on and I can then watch another episode, I know it's a pain but hopefully they'll fix it soon!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

No-one from NOW will be able to assist as this is a customer to customer based forum. You are best to report the issue directly with NOW 

Live chat, by clicking "chat online".

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Or sending an email using the address in the picture below.

gavs82008_0-1632315036307.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help