cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Disney+ and Boost

Does the Disney+ App stream in HD, or do I need Boost to get Disney+ in HD? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NOW Boost service only works for NOW Memberships such has NOW Entertainment, NOW Cinema, NOW Sports and has nothing to do with Disney + which is a separate subscription service directly to Disney + (even if you use a NOW branded box or stick).

The majority of content on Disney + is either HD or 4K UHD via subscribing directly to Disney + .

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NOW Boost service only works for NOW Memberships such has NOW Entertainment, NOW Cinema, NOW Sports and has nothing to do with Disney + which is a separate subscription service directly to Disney + (even if you use a NOW branded box or stick).

The majority of content on Disney + is either HD or 4K UHD via subscribing directly to Disney + .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the prompt reply. This means I only need to buy Boost on the occasional months when my (Championship) team are televised and I get a Sports day pass!

Cheers, you've saved me several fivers.

😁

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Here's a NOW article linked below about their Boost service for NOW Memberships.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Was just going to get Now TV for the first time in years, but since you still have to pay an extra £5 to get HD quality in 2021 when it should be standard, I will steer clear and buy a Netflix subscription instead. Better content and 4k UHD included in price not low quality 720p streams     

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Not true.

The base price of Netflix is £5.99 per month, and HD costs £4.00 more than that, and 4K a further £4.00:-

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/24926

Better (rather than different) content is a personal thing, and you can certainly argue that Netflix comes in under Now prices, and that Now doesn’t even give you the chance to have 4K.

But from that link you will see that Netflix’ tiered pricing, number of simultaneous streams allowed, etc., has a great deal in common with Now versus Now + Boost.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
starman73
Elite

£14 for top tier Netflix (4 screens + 4K)

£10 for second tier Netflix (2 screens + HD)

£25 for Now Cinema + Ents (3 screens + HD)

redchiz1
Champion 2

@starman73 If you are paying full price for NOW then you're not doing it properly.  😎

starman73
Elite

I pay £8/month for now cinema + entertainment + boost, but not everyone does.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Then compare like with like, rather than versus other providers who never provide any discounts.