cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Disconnecting from internet

I posted a while age about problems I was having with my Now TV constantly disconnecting from the internet at the same time each night ,usually about midnight.I never did find out what the problem was and it eventually resolved itself but has started again.Whilst watching something I will get a message across the screen saying internet connection lost.The weird thing is if I immediately switch over to my Amazon Fire Stick I find that not only am I connected to the internet but my connection is shown as excellent and I am able to watch , switch back to Now TV and still showing disconnected ? Also I have noticed Settings has disappeared from the bottom of the home screen next to Account so I can't check my settings anyway.I am not super tech savvy so don't understand why one devise can show connected and the other not.Perhaps someone can explain in simple terms what is going on ?

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

With regards to the Settings missing on branded NOW devices.

Then if you open the NOW Home Screen on your television and press the back button on the NOW Remote which will bring up the extra functionality such has Settings, My Apps & Apps Store.

I have no problems myself using NOW Broadband and i am guessing you have split the wifi channels on the NOW Hub 2 (not Hub 1) and tried both wifi bands and different channels ?

2.4ghz on the lower wifi channels works best in my home environment setup with NOW.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Forgot to mention apart from splitting and renaming the two 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi networks on my NOW Hub 2.

The only other change that i have done on my Router webpage settings is disable IPV6 over Lan.