cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device Changes Limit

Hi,

Yesterday I signed up for the £20/month Sky Sports deal.

Excellent deal, and I added the NOWTV Boost.

Today my Smart Stick has started to overheat to an unacceptable level.

I am guessing it's to do with the addition of boost, as this has not happened before, and I tested this by swapping in other devices.

I am scared it will start a fire, so I have stopped using it.

However, in tracking down the issue I have used 2 of my device changes.

When I add another device, that will be it for the rest of the month.

I am wondering if there is any way I can get the device change counter reset before the end of the month as it was used trying to sort a problem.

Thanks

Mike 🐵

6 REPLIES 6
starman73
Elite

I am wondering if there is any way I can get the device change counter reset before the end of the month as it was used trying to sort a problem.

Highly unlikely as there is no chat. As for the heat issue, suggest a HDMI extender and keeping it away from anything else as far as possible.  Not necessarily a Boost issue as it happens to me and I don't have boost.

RoyB
Legend

@starman73 @Anonymous User 

“Highly unlikely as there is no chat”.

Misinformation.

C21B8D4B-C7D9-45A2-BAF0-3A74CFB698B6.png

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When did chat return?

starman73
Elite

Misinformation.

@RoyB 

There is a big red banner at the top of the screens stating...

Live Chat for TV, Broadband and Talk issues is unavailable Click here for more information

Untitled.png

RoyB
Legend

@starman73 

Obviously the providers of misinformation are not confined to you and me 😛

But the reality is that Live Chat is back, and I have tested that by actually getting through to a support person there - and almost instantly too.

However, it does seem that the message you highlighted there still comes up in a lot of places, and you have to be persistent to find a way through. As I think Live Chat is still a limited service and NowTV don’t want it swamped.

But the trick is just to do a Dom, reasoning that the rules don’t apply to you, and you will find Live Chat is there after all.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
starman73
Elite

Ask on chat for a device reset.