cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Contact during lockdown

Hey all

I have searched for an answer and failed so asking myself!

I have what I think is a faulty now tv stick and obviously due to COVID live chat isn't available! Is there anyway I can contact anyone for help with fixing my stick or sending a replacement as I'm still under a years warranty.

thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you have factory reset the stick by holding in the reset button on the stick for about 15 seconds and the same problem exists on another television (using the adapter plug that came with the Stick or utilizing a suitable USB port on the television) where the stick is plugged directly into the television HDMI port and not using an external HDMI switch box.

Then the stick might be faulty (follow the instructions on my previous link that i posted) with regards to contacting the retailer or nowtv if you bought the stick directly from the nowtv website shop.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Why do you think your stick is faulty ?

Any symptoms or error message or do you get stuck at a certain stage when attempting to setup the stick or the remote controller has stopped working ?

Somebody on the forum may know how to fix it if you can provide further details.

Have a read of my last post in this linked thread below about returning a faulty stick.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Stick/Now-TV-stick/m-p/527571#M4720 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Basically when I plug into HDMI plug at back of my tv it makes the static look on tv then says that there's nothing plugged in. It's worked for a while then just started doing this randomly. I've tried a different tv just in case but still same  I've tried everything I can think of. I want even reset the stick because it won't come on 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you have factory reset the stick by holding in the reset button on the stick for about 15 seconds and the same problem exists on another television (using the adapter plug that came with the Stick or utilizing a suitable USB port on the television) where the stick is plugged directly into the television HDMI port and not using an external HDMI switch box.

Then the stick might be faulty (follow the instructions on my previous link that i posted) with regards to contacting the retailer or nowtv if you bought the stick directly from the nowtv website shop.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks a lot for your help @schnapps much appreciated 😊

Anonymous User
Not applicable

'Obviously during Covid Livechat is not available...'

I do hope there are still some living employees at Sky.  🤔 Couldn't someone work out how to set up Live chat so people can work from home?  I'm looking for work, G'is a job...

We are still paying for services, so it seems to me that they ought to be provided.

I need to ask Now TV if they told Talktalk that i was leaving them.  How can i contact the company (Sky)?

Stay safe everyone,

peace'n'love,

Very old (hippy) 🕐

[have a nice lunch]

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User much of NowTV's customer service is outsourced abroad and as I understand it, there are implications with our data protection laws in allowing those people to go home to work and have access to our information!

A friend who works for sky did say they were in the process of repurposing Sky TV sales staff (from shopping centres) to work from home and answer NowTV enquiries, but by the time a handful had been trained, restrictions were lifted elsewhere and the usual system could resume.

Anyway, it looks like you're wanting information related to telephone and broadband so you can call the dedicated number in the picture below.

Screenshot_20200729-211843.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you.