cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Connecting now tv stick to sky wifi (the cloud )

Good Morning!

I went to alton towers resort and we stayed in the hotel for a couple of days. there were agents in the theme park offering free Now TV Sticks with a month free package. I got one as the hotel room had free wifi and a HDTV (was with the kids so was back at the room early) 

Went back to the hotel and discovered the free wifi was SKY wifi with the cloud! "perfect!" i thought after logging in on my phone, "the Now TV should work perfectly with its own wifi service!" 

Could i log my now tv stick onto the wifi.... no!...... as there is no form of web browser on the now TV initial setup page that would allow me to log into the cloud!

If anyone knows a way to log in, in this situation i would love to know how, otherwise could this be fed back to the relevant team to see if a fix can be developed and applied via an update!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the community.

To connect to a hotel/public wifi that requires webpage authentication you need to follow the steps in the following help article

https://help.nowtv.com/article/use-now-tv-device-in-hotel-or-student-accommodation

Please note, if it's a brand new stick you do need to connect to a 'normal' domestic wifi network first to enable the stick to set itself up, once the stick is set up and updated you can then use it to connect to hotel wifi networks using the help page above. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the community.

To connect to a hotel/public wifi that requires webpage authentication you need to follow the steps in the following help article

https://help.nowtv.com/article/use-now-tv-device-in-hotel-or-student-accommodation

Please note, if it's a brand new stick you do need to connect to a 'normal' domestic wifi network first to enable the stick to set itself up, once the stick is set up and updated you can then use it to connect to hotel wifi networks using the help page above. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Andy!

I did try and connect to the cloud before i had completed the initial setup which didn't work.

I did end up using my phone as a hotspot and all the updates downloaded, if only i had known it would then have worked! Ah well At least i know for next time!

Thanks for the reply, it may be a while before i get to test this out but if i can i will update the thread to confirm what you have said.

Thanks again!