cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Connecting my now TV without the remote

Hi my now TV stick has been recset and my remote won't pair anymore! So can get past the pair your remote screen. Any help plz.... I can't even connect the mobile app because the sticks been recset and no conducted to the Wi-Fi 

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What i would be inclined to try is a factory reset on the NowTV Stick again by holding in the reset button on the Stick for around 15 seconds.

If you have more than one television in the house, before factory resetting the Stick, try a different television to see if you can get it up and running (start with the nearest television that is located to your Router).

Also if your Router is dual band and you have the option on initial setup to choose either 2.4ghz or 5ghz, try both (start with 2.4ghz).

If you manage to get the Stick working again and it's on the wrong television it was intended for, then swap the Stick back to the right television and go into the Stick Settings under Remote > Remote > Set up remote for TV Control to see if you can get the standby button and volume buttons on the NowTV remote to operate the television.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks ile give that a try. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Connect now tv to internet without remote, trying rocku but stick says it’s off line go to settings, but how can u with remote and Roku app on my new skyQ and stick stiuck on EE anyone know any ways I can work this out

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you still got the original remote or a spare identical remote?

When you swapped from EE to Sky Broadband (I am assuming that you have recently) and if you have the physical Roku  remote did you go into settings under Network and select the new network to connect from?

If you have lost or broken the remote then this becomes more tricky connecting to the new network from your Sky Router.

If I have misunderstood your issue then please post back with some more information. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Just had another read of your post and it sounds like you was using the Roku Remote App on a phone or tablet with your Roku /  NOW device and lost or broke the physical remote.

Where you have swapped from EE to Sky Broadband. 

If you have the old EE Router, then power it up only and see if you can go into settings on the Roku / NOW device under Network and then connect to the Sky Network.

Or if you know the EE network name and password, then rename this information onto your Sky Router settings. 

Or get a replacement remote or new NOW  playback device.