cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Macca123
Advocate

Changing broadband supplier

Hi, I have just got a new router from Truespeed and want to connect my TV to NowTv, how do I get the new router to talk to the NowTv stick please?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Macca123 

You need to update the Wi-fi settings on the stick to the new router. See this link which should point you in the right direction. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/use-now-device-in-hotel-or-student-accommodation

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Macca123 

Go into the Stick Settings under Network, change wireless connection and select your Network id shown and then enter your Router Wi-Fi password.

To reach Settings on the NOW Stick, keep pressing the back button on remote from the NOW home screen until you see a hidden menu on the left-hand side of the TV screen which includes Settings.

If you can't see your Network ID name under change wireless settings, then change the Wi-Fi channel on your Router to one of the lower channel numbers.

RoyB
Legend

@Macca123 

Alternatively, set the new router to have the same SSID and password as your previous one, and all your existing WiFi devices will instantly connect without you having to change each one individually.

Don’t raise the devices ‘bridge’ when you can lower the router ‘river’ 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.