cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Casting from Android smartphone to TV

Hi everyone. Does someone know how to cast from an Android phone to TV through Now TV stick? Now TV app work perfectly on phone and stick on TV but when I try to cast screen directly from phone or through an app like Web Video Caster just doesn't working. I owned Roku Express before and hadn't these issues at all. Any specific app that would be working on Now TV stick?

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am one not for casting from my Android phone to my television to be honest (even though my television has inbuilt Google Chromecast on it).

Call myself old fashioned.

Where i don't think it's possible using the NOW Stick with any Apps available on it to use has a method of casting to your television.

You may have to look at an alternative method using another device that can accept means of casting such has a Chromecast or other supported devices for example.

If you owned an iPhone then it's possible according to this NOW help article linked below, though i have read in the past that the casting can be a little unreliable (unless NOW have fixed it).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/using-your-iphone-to-cast-to-your-tv 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi schnapps

I have an Andriod phone and can't cast from Now TV app to the TV. I want to cast from other apps/websites or mirror screening from phone. Only from youtube managed to do that by far. I thought that would be possible with Now TV stick by the info I found on the web and I had Roku before and hadn't problems at all with it.

I'll research more info and if I find that stick is useless for casting will sell it.

Thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

A full blown Roku Player is a totally different animal when it comes to additional features and extra Apps compared to the NOW Stick which is a more stripped down version manufactured by Roku on behalf of NOW.

I have never tried or tested the Play To App on my NOW Stick and don't even know if it still works and is capable of casting like a proper Chromecast device (not even sure what the Play To App on the NOW Stick is geared for).

Like i said i am more old school and like using a streaming device connected directly to my television and using a physical supplied remote to operate it.

Maybe it will be best to get rid of the NOW Stick and replace it with something more suitable to your needs (unless anybody else has got any ideas).