cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cannot cancel my NOW TV membership

I am trying to cancel my NOW TV subscriptions.  I am logged in to my Account, 2 lots of money are being taken from my bank account every month, but when I go into My Account to cancel my membership, I get an error message to say there is a problem and to try again later!  Tried to go through Help and it is all automated...  they take the money through Continuous Charge Card method so no way you can stop it within your bank account....   Appears there is no method I can actually cancel my membership and to stop Now TV taking money from my account every month...  Not happy!  Can anyone advise, please? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

See if using a different internet browser or another device such has your smartphone with mobile data can get past the error message online when attempting to cancel your NOW Memberships.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you. Tried that, different error message but still not letting me do
anything....
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming the scheduled payment date for either Membership is not today where the NOW system might be temporary blocking access to the cancel process.

Your best bet is to get in touch with NOW live chat by clicking on the green chat online button from this link page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

If you ask your bank to refuse any more payments on a CPA (Continuous Payment Authority), which is what Now use, then your bank MUST honour your request.

However, do let Now know that you have done this, and why (say that it was necessary because Now would not let you do it on their system) since cancelling payments this way still leaves you in arrears with Now, something which you still need to resolve with Now.

Better arrears with Now than overdraft charges with your bank though, if this is likely to happen, and you are sure you have right on your side,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you. Now have resolved this for me, though there are a few other
suppliers I have who use the same collection method, without an easy
cancellation policy so I'll keep that in mind for them. 🙂