cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't use my now tv stick

I have a now tv entertainment pass and a cinema pass active currently, ordered a now tv stick which came today and has a 1 month cinema pass pre loaded onto it. 

Plugged it in to set it up, get to the part to put in the code on the TV into my phone, which I managed, go to sign in on the following page, and the get the error message "oops something went wrong our end, sorry something went wrong out end please refresh the page and try again" which I did and the error comes up again.

Has anyone had this and can help me? 

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You are not alone with this problem.

If you can add your stick serial number, together with your ISP and confirm if you are a BT TV customer or subscribe directly to NowTV on this linked thread below, then hopefully @Simon-J  of the NowTV Team will pick up your post.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Stick/New-now-tv-stick-and-need-help/m-p/528017#M4767 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps

Serial number D43999318427, I don't know what ISP means though!

I am subscribed to now tv for my passes and tomorrow am having broadband installed

Thanks 🙂 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

ISP is short for Internet Service Provider.

Perhaps once your NowTV Broadband is up and running tomorrow, you can try again to setup & activate your stick.

This shouldn't have any bearing to be honest because the stick setup should normally work on any UK ISP (unless there is something on your current Router that is blocking the setup).

Seems like the ball is back in @Simon-J hands ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was using my phone as a hot-spot to set it up. Could that be the problem?

I also wondered if it was because I was trying to load a free pass onto the account when a cinema pass was already active?

@schnapps 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Using a wifi hotspot with your phone's mobile data shouldn't be a problem from my understanding nor should having an active pass of the same type when attempting to setup and activate a new stick.

I did come across one remote case a while back, where a Ebay Shop was selling Republic of Ireland Sticks to UK customers and another case where a Republic of Ireland customer bought a stick either from an UK seller or Amazon UK where the stick was for the UK market and not ROI.

Would have thought by giving your serial number NowTV can figure out if it's a UK or ROI sourced Stick. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you