cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kirsty89
Mentor

Can’t open certain apps. Connection

Having issues using our NOWTV stick tonight. 
we have tried everything now from restarting our stick/broadband / uninstall apps and add them again.

we can’t open certain apps such as Disney+ and YouTube without it showing connection error messages , our internet connection is fine. 

is there an issue on NOWTV side or anyone else experiencing this same thing? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Kirsty89 

You are the third person tonight to mention problems with the Disney + and YouTube App on the NOW Stick.

So it might be an issue.

Might be worth making NOW live chat aware of it tomorrow if it doesn't fix itself tonight.

The YouTube App is playing fine on my NOW box, but i can't check Disney + because I don't have a subscription to their service.

It could be NOW Stick related.

Here's another thread example below.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/Apps-not-working/m-p/594347#M16672 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Kirsty89 

You are the third person tonight to mention problems with the Disney + and YouTube App on the NOW Stick.

So it might be an issue.

Might be worth making NOW live chat aware of it tomorrow if it doesn't fix itself tonight.

The YouTube App is playing fine on my NOW box, but i can't check Disney + because I don't have a subscription to their service.

It could be NOW Stick related.

Here's another thread example below.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/Apps-not-working/m-p/594347#M16672 

Kirsty89
Mentor

Thanks so much @schnapps  , that is good to hear I’m not the only one experiencing this issue. 
ours is showing on Disney+ and YouTube also. Others seems to be fine

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Kirsty89 

Sounds like something has gone wrong with the NOW Stick on these two particular Apps through the course of today.

I haven't seen anything (yet) reported over on NOW Twitter help.

I am guessing you have tried deleting the YouTube App has an example and add it back again ?

Kirsty89
Mentor

Yes we have tried removing and adding the apps back. It still displays the same message. 
I hope it’s just an issue their side. We were concerned we might be having internet issues again but our network is fine, we have even tried our upstairs tv which uses a different brand stick and the apps are working on there. 

fingers crossed it’s picked up & solved tomorrow 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Kirsty89 

If it still persists tomorrow, then maybe drop NOW an email using the address in the screenshot below.

Should it be more widespread then I would expect more reports on the Community Forum and NOW Twitter tomorrow.

I hope you get it sorted out quickly.

I do own a NOW Stick, but cannot check the YouTube App on it tonight because it's in a bedroom and the person is currently asleep.

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg