cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't get tv, says no signal

My now TV remote seemed to stop working, I was going away so left it, come back and now saying no signal! I have turned the Internet box off at the wall to reset and unplugged/plugged back in my now stick - please help!!!!!

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When you say no signal i am assuming you mean no wifi signal showing on the stick, but the television screen still shows either the nowtv home screen or you can still access the stick menu settings with the remote controller ?

When you say you have reset the stick, have you tried a full factory reset by holding the small reset button on the stick for about 6 seconds whilst the TV & stick is switched on and on the correct HDMI input source on your television ?

Then go through the stick setup procedure from scratch all over again.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If your remote controller is not responding to the nowtv stick, perhaps also try fresh batteries on the remote and re pair the remote with the stick by following these instructions in the link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-pair-your-smart-remote

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I purchase a NOW TV stick in December.  Its never worked - EVER.  I have tried seeking help from Now to no end.  They told me once that it was because I had no internet signal in the living room (not realising I use my laptop there and do have internet connection).  Their response, was to buy internet connection through them and then it would work (Like wtf?).  

Despite emailing them, they have never helped me solve the issue.  Whats funnier is that they tried to take additional moneys out of my account for NetFlix.  Luckily I reported this to my bank and they blocked the transaction.  I think its absolutely disgusting that you can't get any real help from them and that their solution was to waste more money in buying an additional internet service from them.  

I have reported them to both Trading Standards and Watchdog and am seeking legal advice now as they are repeatedly emailing me "offers" and a "lets get this relationship back on track".  Its disguisting.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks!!! 😊
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi and thanks for this!

I tried all what u suggested. I have been using my iPhone as remote now so it's obvs the remote. Only had it 2 months tho so don't really wanna folk out for a new one!

Thanks again