cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I use the same now tv stick on 2 TV sets?

As the title really, I bought the stick for the tv in my bedroom but installed it on the tv in my living room ( blonde moment) can I just take it out and install it in my other tv or do I need another stick?

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Yes, as long as your TVs have an HDMI connection you can connect your Now TV Stick, but you would need to move the Stick each time you want to watch on the other tele'........ in the future if you get bored of swapping over, you could buy a second Stick so each TV has one.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Well Jamjar

You asked, "Can I use the same now tv stick on 2 TV sets?".  Yes, you can and you do not really need and second stick, but you might consider the following:-

Constantly swapping the stick from one TV to another may put additional strain, i.e. wear and tear,  on the stick and on both your TV's HDMI ports, which could lead to future problems.

Second, quite a few stores are doing "Black Friday" sales and are giving away free Now TV vouchers (Entertainment, Cinema or Sports) with their current batches of Now TV sticks, so a second stick now could be worth look into.

Hope this helps.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Recently purchased TV for bedroom took Now stick from the dining room tv &plugged into new bedroom tv to check picture etc and wouldn’t work until  paired remote to new tv.

All good so plugged back into original tv & again had to pair remote.

Then get email from Now saying been charged £5 for setup on another tv and be charged £9.99 per mth for the Boost service!

They said if transfer a stick to another tv incurs the £5 charge & monthly boost charge £9.99 they wiped out both after explained were only testing out a tv then back into original tv yet charged would have applied if left connected to the new tv.

Still can’t believe this anyone else had same or similar ???

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Did you sign in using the same login details? 
Sounds like you created two accounts hence the separate charges.

Use this link to confirm the number of accounts with the same payment details.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/find-an-account

Jump onto live chat by clicking “chat online” within the green box. Don’t click “get help quicker” as this is the bot.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi

I’ve only had the one account for years.
As soon as the Now stick was plugged into another tv and the remote had to be paired to that tv I instantly received an email informing the £5 connect charge and only can assume the pairing of the remote notified them I hadn’t signed in as had no need to.

Over a lengthy live chat they confirmed if the swap over remained the £5 charge would remain and a monthly boost charge £9.99 would apply.

When contested they said if the Now stick is plugged back to original tv the £5 charge would be refunded and the monthly charge cancelled.

Once this was done the £5 charge was refunded and the monthly charge cancelled I just wish had taken a copy of the live chat transcript as proof.

Now I’m concerned if swap again the same process will occur obviously I want confirmation this won’t happen again.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Did you sign out or unintentionally do a factory reset when taking your stick to another TV?

Having a stick NOW or Amazon is perfect for taking to another room which is what I use for travelling. Never once have I been charged for moving my stick to another room/TV.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 @Anonymous User 

Me neither. And Boost isn’t £9.99, it’s £5.00. But a Cinema or Entertainment membership is £9.99, so what @Anonymous User  is describing is almost like starting a new, second, membership instead of using the original one.

But not quite….

Absent a transcript of the chat (@gavs82008, maybe you can get someone to take a look for that?), perhaps @Anonymous User could copy the email here, with any personal information suitably redacted, so we can get this investigated?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I’ve only had the one account for years.
As soon as the Now stick was plugged into another tv and the remote had to be paired to that tv I instantly received an email informing the £5 connect charge and only can assume the pairing of the remote notified them I hadn’t signed in as had no need to.

Over a lengthy live chat they confirmed if the swap over remained the £5 charge would remain and a monthly boost charge £9.99 would apply.

When contested they said if the Now stick is plugged back to original tv the £5 charge would be refunded and the monthly charge cancelled.

Once this was done the £5 charge was refunded and the monthly charge cancelled I just wish had taken a copy of the live chat transcript as proof.