cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Buffering home page

Hi. I’ve 2 sticks attached to 2 seperate TVs, but for the past 3 days or so the home page will not load on either, but just continually buffers. The top line only loads & by using the * button I can load apps which play perfectly well. I’ve reset them back to factory settings & tried different hdmi ports but still no change. I’ve also spent the last 1.5 hrs getting nowhere with an online chat. HELP PLEASE!!!

22 REPLIES 22
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I have a Roku Stick, and three Roku Express devices.

The advantage of the Stick is that you don’t need line of sight; the disadvantage is that few if any other remotes can emulate its dedicated remote, as this is run on proprietary WiFi, and most remotes are IR. You might get a bit of control over CEC, but don’t hold your breath.

The Express devices don’t have this problem because they are IR, but this does mean they require line of sight. One of mine gets that naturally, where it sits, and the other two are fastened neatly under the left hand bottom edge of the TVs they serve, like an extra magic eye, with the double-sided tape that Roku supply for this purpose.

Amazon Firesticks are also well worth considering; they have Now and all the major Players, though not the long tail of niche Players that Roku support, including the Country ones that we enjoy whenever Smooth Country gets a bit samey.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

After 6 weeks of e mails from NOW Help, they suggested this solution which seems to have worked. I did ask why this had taken so long to be resolved but have not had any response.

1. Press your NOW remote control buttons in this order: Homex5, Fast Forward x3, Rewind x3
  2. Select Update Software
  3. Press OK
DaiB
Mentor

@Anonymous User My issue was resolved last night on both sticks Roku and Now Stick

No communication from NowTV

Hope the same for you

D