cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Buffering home page

Hi. I’ve 2 sticks attached to 2 seperate TVs, but for the past 3 days or so the home page will not load on either, but just continually buffers. The top line only loads & by using the * button I can load apps which play perfectly well. I’ve reset them back to factory settings & tried different hdmi ports but still no change. I’ve also spent the last 1.5 hrs getting nowhere with an online chat. HELP PLEASE!!!

22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been having the same problem of no Home Screen and a blue screen with a buffering circle since Sunday. I have spoken to 9 different advisors because I keep getting cut off on chat. I've had e mails from the Help team but they do not reply when I reply to them.

Today an advisor said I would need to buy myself a new stick. I don't want to do this if they stop working so quickly. I asked for a refund of the passes/ membership we are paying for but was told they couldn't do this. I feel like I'm paying for something I can't access properly. If other people are having the same problem then it's not the stick that's a problem. There must be a system fault somewhere. 

I can't seem to find an e mail address or phone number for customer services or complaints. Does anyone know who I should contact to get this sorted out?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If I were you I wouldn’t bother with the NOW stick as they are unreliable and prone to issues.

You are best to purchase an Amazon fire stick. Assuming you want to keep the memberships.

For customer support email, see below picture.

BA320EB0-A825-4540-B5ED-C13FD335140E.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for e mail address. I'm going to ask them why it took 9 advisors and 4 days of being asked to repeat the same trouble shooting actions before being told there was nothing that could be done?

I will also ask if other people are having the same issue why NOW won't admit there might be a problem and try to fix it? I'm not happy to have to shell out more money after buying something in good faith.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

To be honest mate NOW no longer sell the stick and I don’t believe it’s being made anymore. 

There is a fair number of issues surrounding NOW devices recently. It wouldn’t surprise me if they decided to stop support like they did with the white box not long ago. Although the first device to go next would be the black box, then smart box and then finally the stick.

When I got the stick for testing purposes only I wasn’t impressed with it, found it slow and sometimes completely unresponsive. And when compared to the Amazon fire stick, it’s performance is well pitiful. 

Even though I use my Sony Android TV for my NOW viewing I use the 4K fire stick in my bedroom which I’ve not had any issues with whatsoever. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for the advice about Firestick. I still think it's unfair that we should have to spend more money to replace a device that other NOW customers are also having a problem with. They will now lose my custom because there's no point buying passes/ membership if I can't get a Homepage to access them. That won't bother them of course!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

The fire stick has the same home page as your NOW stick when within the app itself.

Also it can be connected via Ethernet, with an adapter which is something that the NOW stick cannot do.

DaiB
Mentor

I've had the issue since 20th December on Roku stick and Now Stick, all other apps work, Now app just gives the spinning wheel. '*' key gets me to tv guide on Roku and App screen on Now stick, I can use the other apps fine.

Firestick  - Now app works fine. 

Hard resets, router checked, speeds checked all good  numerous Chat conversations, unable to assist

Has been with 'Tech' for weeks sent video of the issue. Case ID: 10239651, sadly cant get a reply from customer service, tried using the complaints system, again no replies. Chat conversations, cant advise me but assure me I will get a  reply, still have not got one.  No one is currently communicating and its been 2 weeks since last communication.  Very poor.

If you get a result please post, will reply if/when I do

DaiB

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm still getting weekly e mails from Now Help asking for some other detail. They now want to know when I purchased the Sticks and their serial numbers. I have no idea of dates of purchase and don't keep receipts beyond a year. This issue is now affecting all 3 of my NOW Sticks. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've also tried to buy a Roku stick but these seem to be thin on the ground. Argos reduced one and it must have sold out quickly. Plenty of Roku boxes but no sticks in my local shops.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If I were you don’t bother with a NOW or Roku stick, your better with an Amazon Fire Stick as they are much more easier to purchase. 

Often Amazon has sales for their devices as well.