cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Buffering Whilst Watching Live TV

I have a Nowtv stick which generally works well. However, I have encountered one minor problem. When watching live tv, all will go well for about 10 minutes, but then it will start buffering. I can work around this problem by re-winding by just a few seconds and then starting to play again. After that it will be fine, but why would it do that in the first place?

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I don't think this has any effect on your issue and not sure if this feature does anything on the nowtv devices, but what happens if you change the "Bit Rate Override" from automatic to say 2.5Mbps on the live stream by following step 4 on this trouble shooting help guide linked below ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick

Anonymous User
Not applicable

schnapps,

Thank you for that suggestion. I have just tried it but had exactly the same problem - after 12 minutes of watching live tv (Gold as it happens, but I imagine that that is irrelevant) the buffering started, but rewinding just 6 seconds and starting to play again sorted it. So no further forward, but thank you for trying.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I have the same issue. , Netflix and Iplayer are fine on my Smart TV but when i am on the Roku stick the on demand is fine but live has buffering issues.

Anyone any Ideas?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am fairly convinced that it is a problem with the stick or its software. If I watch on my iPad and "cast" onto the TV there is no problem, but if I watch directly through the stick there can be all sorts of problems.