cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bt

We have now entertainment through bt on our box but also have a now TV stick which up until today has been working. Tried to use it and its telling us that we need to buy membership to use it. Don't understand why this has happened?

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Sounds like you’ve accidentally logged out of the NOW app of the stick.

You’ll need to scroll all the way to the bottom until you see a row of options. One should be “account” in there is where you can confirm if your definitely logged in.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @gavs82008 

…. and logged in on the BT Now account, and not some other Now account you might have had before,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I have seen a few reports of this happening where people have been automatically logged out of their playback device and when attempting to watch something on NOW with your Membership it asks you to buy a new Membership.

Usually under My Account on your NOW Stick or NOW App if using a different device sign out (if your login details are still there) unplug the power to the device give it a minute, then power up and sign in again using your correct login account details.