cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdm66
Mentor

Boost

Hi, I am hoping someone can help with my paid 3 months in advance tv boost. 

All other devices hd ,so only problem is boost on now tv.

No channels hd quality ,all resets etc etc done . Now tv shows hd on menus but nothing is hd. 

Like I say all tv and fire stick etc fine.

How can I resolve this as can't contact now tv help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @cdm66 

I don't know what else to suggest apart from a reboot on your Router and Sticks and maybe try a forced software update on the Sticks by following these instructions below (though i doubt it will make any improvement with the PQ on your sticks).

This updates your software, fixing any faults in the process.

• Start by pressing your NOW TV remote control buttons in this order:

Home x5
Fast Forward x3
Rewind x2

• Select the Update Software option that appears on the next screen.
  • Press OK, even if you already have the latest version. 

On my 50 inch TV at approx 2 or 3m away i can't see much noticeable difference between 720p or 1080p on the Boost Pass when watching Entertainment or Cinema.

I do notice a big difference on a 92" projector screen mind with Boost.

For me the biggest PQ improvement on Boost is Sports at 50fps, plus 5.1 surround sound and the third extra stream.

Sorry i can't offer any further assistance, maybe somebody else on the Community Forum will have an idea whats going on.

Or jump over to live chat and ask for your money back for the Boost Pass that doesn't look any difference with regards to PQ.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @cdm66

What sort of Internet speed are you getting on your playback devices, where NowTV recommends 12Mbps on their Boost Pass. 

What playback devices are you using? 

If you are using a Youview box or Samsung Smart TV with the NowTV native inbuilt App and play something on NowTV that is HD then press the info button on your playback remote to find out the streaming quality figure (I believe somewhere around 7800 is 1080p).

cdm66
Mentor

Hi, schnapps

Thanks for getting in touch.

Hyperoptic  66 Mbps tested there end today .

Using stick(1 of 2)

Boost is showing on my account and live TV ,streaming showing hd when checking but not to look at.

Defo not even 720.

2.4ghz and 5g no difference.

Now tv app on tv same.

Tried everything

Many thanks.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @cdm66 

I don't know what else to suggest apart from a reboot on your Router and Sticks and maybe try a forced software update on the Sticks by following these instructions below (though i doubt it will make any improvement with the PQ on your sticks).

This updates your software, fixing any faults in the process.

• Start by pressing your NOW TV remote control buttons in this order:

Home x5
Fast Forward x3
Rewind x2

• Select the Update Software option that appears on the next screen.
  • Press OK, even if you already have the latest version. 

On my 50 inch TV at approx 2 or 3m away i can't see much noticeable difference between 720p or 1080p on the Boost Pass when watching Entertainment or Cinema.

I do notice a big difference on a 92" projector screen mind with Boost.

For me the biggest PQ improvement on Boost is Sports at 50fps, plus 5.1 surround sound and the third extra stream.

Sorry i can't offer any further assistance, maybe somebody else on the Community Forum will have an idea whats going on.

Or jump over to live chat and ask for your money back for the Boost Pass that doesn't look any difference with regards to PQ.