cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Blue Screen for 5 days now ?

Jeez Man, CHAT are useless ! My screen just turned blue 5 days ago & ive tried Everything, changing cables, switched to HDMI-2 , I’ve now bought a new smart tv, but still NOTHING ?  Do these sticks come a time length of use with them ie buy a 3mnth stick, or a 1 yr stick ? My carer got & set up mine just b4 Covid hit, & she went to her family, hence the reason I’m asking for help today ? 

Thank you Kim 😷🥰

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Blue screen might be a loss of signal from your stick.

On the stick is the small white light permanently on or flashing white ?

Have you tried both the supplied power adapter plug that came with the Stick plus if your television has a USB 5VDC 900ma port on it try that with the Stick.

If you have another usb standard to usb micro cable try that with the Stick and if you have a USB phone charger rated at 1A or higher try that in place of the Stick power adapter.

Also make sure your television is on the same HDMI input source has the Stick when clicking through the HDMI input source on your television remote.

On your new television you may have to go into the television menu and disable HDMI CEC and see if there is an option to change HDMI setting to profile 1.4 if using a 4K television.

Last resort you could try a full factory reset by pressing the reset button on the Stick for around 15 seconds whilst powered up if you are confident technically you can setup the Stick again using your existing account login details.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Out of curiosity what is make and model of your new smart TV you have bought ?

If it's a LG, Samsung, higher end Sony, Roku or Fire TV then it may have the inbuilt NOW App on it from it's Apps Store has an alternative to using the NOW Stick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, So sorry I haven't replied sooner, my COPD playing up, feeling well sorry for myself. I’ve ordered a stick only on eBay. Can we keep the lines of communication open please, as I’m bound to make an error.
Stay Safe 😷Kim
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If I were you cancel that order for the stick and buy an Amazon fire stick. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help