cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BBC iplayer glitching

Hi all

When I watch BBC1 through the iplayer on the nowtv stick I get playback problems. The playback jumps backwards and forwards by a second or so - sometime 5 - 10 times in a minute. Curiously BBC2 is fine. Other NowTV channels are fine, itvhub, CH4, CH5 etc all fine. The playback for BBC1 through the iplayer on my computer is absolutly fine (using the same router). I am using Virgin Media and have a high speed connection. I have tried turning the quality right down thinking it is a buffering issue - but no difference. Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried to delete the app and reinstall? 

You could also try unplugging your router for a few minutes.

How is the NOW stick powered? Is it via plug socket or TV USB? 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/app-not-working-on-now-box-stick

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I havent tried reinstalling the app (I will try that next - thanks for the suggestion). I have already tried turning off the router - a couple of times. The stick is mains powered not via TV USB.

Really appreciate your help!

Cheers

John

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Give the delete and reinstall app a bash should work (hopefully)

Personally when I had used my NOW stick I found that powering the stick via the TV USB it improved the overall performance and reliability. This was because when the TV was off the stick would also be off too so it wasn't permanently on and overheating. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

After following the advice given here I have re-installed the BBC iplayer app. Everything is fine until I set my regional settings to my region (East of England - so Look East). As soon as I set my region the glitching starts again. If I select another region (at the moment I have selected East Midlands) it is fine. I am guessing there is a problem with the servers supplying East Anglia (although it works fine on my PC).