cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ariel ?

Hi all

Me again! Still no success getting my now tv stick to work! Can i ask what is probably a dumb question?

Does freeview and the now tv stick use/share the same ariel? 

I have all the freeview channels working but not my stick. If i have all freeview channels working then shouldn't i also be able to watch all my things i.e sky movies, sports, netflix, YouTube etc? 

Im reluctant about calling in an ariel engineer and the cost of it if its nothing to do with the ariel after all! Please can someone help as I am at my wits end trying to get my stick to work. 

Many thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

You never confirmed the television make and model number that you owned from your other thread.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Off-Topic-Chat/Now-tv-stick-not-working/m-p/567543#M20615

Did you go into the television menu and play around with anything related to HDMI such has CEC?

It's a shame you never took the Stick to your Mums house where you could have eliminated a few things such has the HDMI on a different television for example. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NOW Stick doesn't use the TV aerial for any of it's services or Apps and is fully reliant on an internet connection.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks for the reply. So would I be wasting my time (& money) by calling in an ariel engineer?

Im still at a complete loss to explain why it is not working. My WiFi appears to be absolutely fine as I am able to use my phone and laptop without any issues. Could it simply be that the stick is no longer working (the little white light is still on) and I should by a new one? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

It would be pointless and expensive to call in a TV Aerial Engineer.

I am guessing the Stick didn't work at your Mums house where there was no image showing on her television screen when you plugged in the Stick or factory reset it?

If it was me I would splash out on either a new Roku or Amazon Fire TV Stick. 

Should a new replacement Stick not work, then you know it is related to something else (either the television, Router or WiFi).

Though this would be doubtful because you tried testing the Stick at your Mums house on a different television and WiFi network. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunately I never got to test it at my mums. I have contacted my broadband provider and they did some checks from their end and said everything was fine and in working order. Plus the fact that my mobile phone and my laptop are picking up the Internet just fine makes me think that its either my tv or the stick that is the issue. I can see no other problem with my tv, it still works great so thinking it is the stick. I have had it several years (guessing about 3 or 4 years) so not sure what their life expectancy is. I guess the only way to truly find out is to buy a new one tomorrow and see if that works. If it doesn't then I don't have a clue what my next move is?! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

You never confirmed the television make and model number that you owned from your other thread.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Off-Topic-Chat/Now-tv-stick-not-working/m-p/567543#M20615

Did you go into the television menu and play around with anything related to HDMI such has CEC?

It's a shame you never took the Stick to your Mums house where you could have eliminated a few things such has the HDMI on a different television for example. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I would also try typing "Blue screen" and "No Signal" in the Community Forum search box to see if anybody else had the same problem, where I found a few threads doing a quick search.

But you will need to plough through them to see if anybody has found a fix. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh yeah sorry. Tv is a blaupunkt 32 /1480. If i was to go into the menu and look at all things hdmi related, please could you tell me what if anything I should be looking for? (I'm not very technical minded in case you hadn't guessed!) 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Under either Picture or General settings see if there is anything that says HDMI CEC.

If you find the HDMI CEC sub menu then switch it off rather than leaving it in auto or on. 

Then exit the menu and test the Stick again. 

This is a bit of a long shot, but a small number of forum members who owned supermarket TV's had problems with HDMI CEC with NOW devices.

Can't remember if it was no sound or no picture / no signal on the television screen.

Apart from that I am out of ideas (unless you try the Community search box for similar results). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi.

Just a quick update and to say thank you for all the help and advice. After blaming everything for my now tv stick not working, i.e my ariel, my wifi, my tv, i finally took a chance and went out and purchased a new stick. Result = it worked as soon as I put it in so it was actually the stick all along!!!! 🤦‍♂️ Thank the Lord I finally have all my channels back and just in time to watch my team (cleveland browns) live on sky sports tonight!!! 😃

Thanks again 👍