cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are NowTV out of the device making business?

My Now TV sticks are getting slower and slower with every software update, it literally takes 4 to 5 seconds to move from watching something back to a menu. I’ve checked the website to see if there are newer faster devices being released but it appears NowTV sticks/boxes are not really a priority any more.

Do any other supported devices allow for live pause like the Now TV stick does? Eg Roku or Fire TV? I’m sure they must have some decent speed devices available but the live pause is really handy for sport.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Both my Roku Express and Roku Stick Plus offers live pause TV, where this feature was added to the NOW App a couple of months ago which i found out by accident.

I have no complaints using the newer brand NOW App on these two above devices which is fast enough for me, though navigation is slightly slower using the new NOW rebrand layout of the App compared to the old style App.

Also the Apple TV box offers live pause TV.

Last time i checked a few weeks ago my Amazon 4K Fire Stick doesn't offer the live pause TV feature using the NOW App.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Both my Roku Express and Roku Stick Plus offers live pause TV, where this feature was added to the NOW App a couple of months ago which i found out by accident.

I have no complaints using the newer brand NOW App on these two above devices which is fast enough for me, though navigation is slightly slower using the new NOW rebrand layout of the App compared to the old style App.

Also the Apple TV box offers live pause TV.

Last time i checked a few weeks ago my Amazon 4K Fire Stick doesn't offer the live pause TV feature using the NOW App.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps

Correct on the Firestick but expect it might be coming as one of the next devices to get Live Pause they seem be going massively ham on Amazon.