cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndyB52
Scholar

App Store and settings missing from NOW stick

My NOW TV stick had an app update this evening and since that update, I no longer have access to the app store nor the settings page.  At the bottom of the home page, I only have Home, Search, TV Guide, Help and My Account. My Account only shows what passes I have. View all apps just shows me my installed apps and there's no link to the app store.

I can't tell you what software version the stick is at as the Settings page is missing! Tried a stick restart (had to disconnect power!) but it's still the same. 

Anyone else had this update and if so, is the same for you? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @AndyB52 

Try Step 6 from this linked guide to see if it fixes any corrupted software (update even if the software is the same version number).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-box-stick 

Also from the NOW Home Screen Page on the Stick, what happens if you press the back button on the remote, does a tab show down the left hand side of the screen that includes App Store and Settings ?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @AndyB52 

Try Step 6 from this linked guide to see if it fixes any corrupted software (update even if the software is the same version number).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-box-stick 

Also from the NOW Home Screen Page on the Stick, what happens if you press the back button on the remote, does a tab show down the left hand side of the screen that includes App Store and Settings ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @AndyB52 

Another thing i would try if step 6 doesn't fix it, is to maybe reboot the power on both your Stick and Router if you haven't done it already.

AndyB52
Scholar

Yes, pressing the back button does indeed bring up a menu where the App Store & Settings can be found. Couldn't find it normally as it was on the Home screen before.

For Info, my NOW Stick has software version 10.0.3 build 4091-56

Thanks Again!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @AndyB52 

I haven't used my NOW Stick in a while, plus haven't got access to it at the moment to check the update or software version.

Normally with the NOW boxes or NOW Stick you can access Apps Store and Settings for example either from the bottom of the grid row on the Home Screen or when on the NOW main Home Screen by pressing the back button on your NOW remote (usually you should have both).

Another plus point for me is when you press the back button the Search on the left hand screen tabs can also search out for Actors and Directors.

Where the search on the bottom grid horizontal row or pressing the star button on the remote can't find stuff on NOW related to Actors or Directors you would like to view 😡.