cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Always asking for cookie consent (Roku)

For the past week, every time I open the app on the Roku stick, it asks me to accept cookies. Every time I click "Accept all cookies". Is there a way to make it remember my preference?

5 REPLIES 5
redchiz1
Champion 2

Never come across that myself, is that occurring with other apps too? Perhaps reach out to the NOW support team, or Roku directly? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just with this app, and just on the Roku stick. As someone else says on the comments, it's extremely annoying and I don't even need to turn the TV off for it to ask for the cookie consent again, it's enough for me to navigate away to another app, and when I come back, it's there again.

I couldn't figure out how to message NOW TV support directly though, so I guess I'll live with this problem forever.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Email customerservices@ NowTV.com (without the space in).

While you are there, please remind them that they promised to fix the similar issue where Now on Roku does not pick up the Roku Subtitles (Closed Captions) options settings like it should, so I have to set subtitles on every time I watch a Now programme on the Roku.

Not that the subtitles setting is remembered on any other platform, of course, but there seems to be less excuse for getting it wrong on Roku devices.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I only got the Cookies message once on my Roku Stick Plus and when I opened the NOW App I navigated down to the bottom of the NOW App home Screen page and under the new Cookies Settings tile box (far right on the bottom grid row) I clicked on the accept all option. 

That was about three or four days ago and I haven't seen the Cookies message since. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I get this every single time I open the app. A message pops up to say that my preferences are now saved but clearly not. It is extremely irritating as I often switch between apps and have to go through this process over and over.