cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Activation code not working

I've got a nowtv stick set it up on TV screen it says goto nowtv.com/tv and put in code I have done this Several times and it won't work can anyone help 

92 REPLIES 92
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My nowtv stick is suddenly asking me to sign in and use my mobile device for the code but it's just setting it up on my device and not giving me a way to activate code now

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, after reading all the messages regarding this issue I've tried to talk with customer service, they told me to reset the stick (no luck), at the end they told me that I have to try later and they don't have an answer for this.

Reading a little bit more I did find out that there are some sticks for UK and some for Ireland and that give me an idea.

So this is what I've done:

- reset the now tv stick to factory settings by pressing about 30 seconds the reset button 

- open a vpn on my phone connected to an Irish server 

- create a hotspot on my phone

- connect the stick to my phone hotspot with the Irish vpn server on (you can try to connect it to your home wifi network to avoid reconnecting it next time when you use it, hopefully will work, if not do it like I've said)

- open the www.nowtv.com/ie/tv page that was displayed on my tv and add the code there

- create another account on the Irish nowtv page

- after you successfully started to stream don't forget to cancel all your subscriptions

In my case I wanted to use the tv stick for other programs like youtube.

I didn't try to linkit to my UK account yet, hopefully will work, but, because they have 2 different servers for UK and for Ireland I don't think will work.

Hope this will help other people, 

Good luck.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Where did you buy the Republic of Ireland Stick from ?

A couple of years back Tesco Ebay was selling ROI Sticks to UK residents by mistake.

I don't think you will get some of the UK Apps on a ROI NOW Sticks where they might be Geo flashed to the region it was intended for.

Personally if it was me i would get in touch with the Retailer and ask for a UK spec NOW Stick (unless you can get the ROI Stick to run on the ROI service with your VPN if you want the additional NOW Sports Extra service).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I brought it from am auction site, to be fair I didn't expect this problem and I just don't get it why they did it like this, I've connected to YouTube and amazon prime and for the moment it's working, so fingers crossed it will still do 😂😂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Reactivation code not working 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried another browser?

When did you receive said voucher code? 

Is it still valid?

Head onto live chat and speak with NOW staff by clicking "chat online".

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

•  
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It said sorry try aigain later 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Two posts up from yours you will see a link to live chat where you can speak to staff.

Make sure you click "chat online".

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Code not working