cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Activation code not working

I've got a nowtv stick set it up on TV screen it says goto nowtv.com/tv and put in code I have done this Several times and it won't work can anyone help 

92 REPLIES 92
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You’ll find a link to live chat a few posts up in this thread that I have posted.

Good luck!

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I hsve put the activation code in several times and it not working 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Head onto live chat and hopefully Now TV can work their magic. Just make sure to click “chat online” within the green box.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Hope you get it sorted, good luck!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cant put in the code for the now tv stick but my stick wasn't working there a few day but now it is I all ready have sky cinema and Netflix on it but looks like it is making me start all over again 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Use my post directly up from yours to speak to Now TV staff.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Every time i go to my now tv i have to activate every time when i try put code in it saying not exepting i find this very frustrating i nsver had to activate  my now nox before i have the stick now  does that make  s difference  

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

NowTV changed the method of activating their branded devices about 2 or 3 years ago (can't remember the exact year) and doesn't matter if you have a Stick or NowTV box.

The activation process is also used by NowTV if you also now factory reset your NowTV box or Stick.

Did you try the direct link that i posted on page 7 on this thread ?

If no luck try a different internet browser, or if you have a smartphone with internet data on it, try that when using the link i posted on page 7.

Also i am assuming your bank card details are up to date on your NowTV account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I registered  it was set up working now it's saying unavailable so was reading and it said press button on stick I did now it wants me to register again but it want let me because I have already got account

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I registered  it was set up working now it's saying unavailable so was reading and it said press button on stick I did now it wants me to register again but it want let me because I have already got account

Hi @Anonymous User 

it sounds as if you've conducted a factory reset on your your now TV stick. This means that the stick would have returned to factory defaults. As a consequence, you will need to be re-associate  the stick with the now TV account you have previously created. don't create a new now TV account. As you should already have an existing account. Make sure your logged out of the now TV website before you start this process

To associate and now TV stick with an existing account, go to

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/tv

and enter the code that will be shown on your TV screen after you've connected the stick to your Wi-Fi (this stick should ask to connect to your Wi-Fi before you get presented with the code on your TV screen)

Once you've entered the code shown on your TV screen. You'll need to tap 'sign in' rather than 'join now' you'll then need to enter the email address and password you used to set up your now TV account. Once you've done this, your now TV stick should go through the activation process.

A word to the wise a factory reset should only be used when a normal reset does not resolve the problem. A normal reset is conducted by simply removing the power cable and plugging it back in again after 10 seconds. Sometimes now TV devices fall out of sync with the system and this results in the not available error, you are presented with. a normal/simple reset will usually this issue without reset in the stick to factory defaults.

I will also post a link to a video below with better represented instructions 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwq4A0aHGFY

I hope this helps 😀

EDIT

also see what @schnapps  has said in the post below 😀

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you factory reset the NowTV Stick by holding in the small reset button on the Stick for 6 seconds or more, you will be prompted during the Stick setup to use the six digit activation code on your television screen by following the on screen instructions.

You should also be asked to login to your existing account to reactivate the Stick again.

If you are having trouble accessing your existing account, then try a different internet browser or if you have a smartphone with internet data on it, try that instead of using your internet browsing device over your home wifi network.

Should you be able to access your existing account, then also double check your bank card details are up to date. 

Should you be going around in circles, then get in touch with NowTV live Chat.