cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Activation Code Not Happening.

I have just installed a new stick on my daughters tv. This is a process I have done on a few tvs in the past. I get all the way through the setup and end up at the code screen. Here's the problem; no code generates on screen so I cannot complete the activation. Tried resetting a few times and same result. Spoke (at some length) to a person of Asian persuasion by text ping pong, again with no satisfactory conclusion. Said person advised me to reset and a new code would appear - it doesn't. Direct phone help is non existent, don't know what to try next. Appreciate some help as Now TV obviously aren't very customer conscious.

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

That's weird.

Have you tried setting up the Stick temporarily on another TV in the house and a reboot on your Router ?

Also if a factory reset doesn't help, then a bit of a long shot, if you have mobile internet data, see if using your phone has a temporary wifi hotspot with the Stick makes any difference with regards to the six digit activation code showing on the television screen.

Other than that i am out of ideas, apart from return the Stick back to the retailer for a replacement or refund (unless anybody else on the forum has any other ideas to try).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is NOT a solution, I presded the wrong button. Post not yet solved or closed.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you click on the accepted solution button again it should hopefully undo it.

Should that not work see if clicking the three vertical dots on the accepted post if there is an option to remove the accepted solution.