cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Accessibility query ref Broadband

Hi ... I have just joined NOW TV in preparation for moving house and I love it, have set it all up to test at my current place. 

... however I am concerned because the broadband speed at my current house is great at around 70 mbps and although I am moving only a mile or so away the new place has a slower speed prediction of around 10 mbps.

Will that be enough?

I will be alone most of time and just using one TV at a time (although I now have 2 x NOW sticks) and using a laptop and/or phone for browsing at same time.

Would this lower speed support that and what would be the minimum needed? Thanks ...

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Hello Welcome to the forum, it depends on what package you are on and the area you are moving to. If it is fibre and 10mbps is all the fibre can reach it is not a lot of speed but may be ok for casual browsing, if you are not fibre and on the lowest broadband you could check to see if broadband is available in that area and possibly upgrade for a better speed. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Nadine. So are you saying 10mbs is not enough for NOW TV? Best wishes - Jeff. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

I wouldn't recommend it for a good streaming connection depends on how the wireless holds up to in the home, if you are not on fibre i would recommend looking into its availability and up grading 😄

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok I will look into the fibre options as I think you are saying 10mbs is not sufficient. 

Jeff