cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ASUS RT-AX56U AX1800 Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6 Router

Ok…I don’t know much about techno stuff so am hoping someone can give me a dummies guide…

I had coverage / speed problems with my virgin router.  A friend told me to change the virgin to modern mode…I did…then use an ASUS RT-AX56U AX1800 Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6 Router…I did…

Followed instructions and all good, tablet, phone etc all connected…..until I tried to use my now tv stick…the network connection list doesn’t find the Asus router…(my friend uses an Asus router and lives near enough that I can use her router but hers doesn’t show on the list either)

Can anyone help?

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Not familiar with your third party Router nor the Virgin Hub, but has a long shot double check the wifi channel numbers that is outputting on your ASUS Router on both 2.4ghz & 5ghz bands.

The reason i have mentioned this is because the Roku & NOW streaming devices only run on the lower wifi channel numbers and don't work on the higher spectrum channel numbers.

I can't remember the channel numbers off the top of my head, but it's something like 2.4ghz 1 to 13 and 5ghz channels 36 to 48 that the NOW Stick runs on.

I doubt this is the reason but worth checking anyway.

You could try also factory resetting the NOW Stick to see if the Stick can find your 2.4ghz & 5ghz Networks after the factory reset on the Stick.

To factory reset the Stick hold in the reset button on the Stick for around 15 seconds whilst switched on and setup the Stick again from scratch (making sure you use your existing NOW login details when asked for).

Hopefully somebody who is familiar with your ASUS Router or more IT Knowledge than me will offer further suggestions to try.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Besides taking @schnapps advice, it may be worth talking to ASUS as well, to see if they have come across this issue, and what they might suggest.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.